Friday, March 16, 2007

I'm Upbeat....on this Transition!

Perish the thought! Who says the forth-coming elections will not hold? Who thinks they can derail this long-awaited TRANSITION? Who? How? Where? What is it that surpasses the will and manifest destiny of THE PEOPLE? None. Period.

I'm upbeat. I'm positive. I'm possessed of the incurable optimism that holds true for all nations whose time has come. And come to stay. EIGHT YEARS of all that can possibly go wrong be now over. Over! Truly over.

Hey, beyond them spirit and conviction of positive goodness, just look around: What we see is magic! Institutional renewal. Independence of the "Branches of Government". Sharpening of the Media thru' Freedom of Information Bill. Pressure from the International Community. Fatigue of Blind-Followership. Vehement Renaissance at "Tiers of Government". Bold Questions. And the Hand of Retribution. Times!

So, dear doubter, relax! With the Parliament and the Supreme Court clearly on the side of due process and the rule of law, both our constitution and this fledging democracy it under-girds will come to no grief. Not anymore.

Then, the clincher: I see a sweep. I see some hand-in-glove journeys. Mutual. Joint and Glued. I see envy, mirrors and minds. I see hunger for legacy and the fear of posterity. Oh, dear seeker, I see laughter, alas! Yes.

Count the "Weeks to Freedom"! Yes, yes.

Hail Nigeria! Yes, yes....and yes.

No comments: